11.27.2005

Just as you were beginning to think I was a chronic liar:
UPCOMING MODULES!


A sale in hand is worth two contests in the bush, neh, choomba?

Goodman Games
The sequel to the classic DCC #1: Idylls of the Rat King (written by the brilliant Jeff Quinn). This dungeon was goblin tested and GM approved by game designers Chris and Christine McCoy, and their Knights of the Dinner Table, so if you have a total party kill, it’s their fault. ;)


Goodman Games
A Rosolf cover. Maybe you’ve heard of him? He painted the cover to a module writen by some guy named Gygax. The module was entitled “Keep on the Borderlands,” more commonly known as The Caves of Chaos.

Yow.

This is a longer adventure, with some fun, overarching puzzles, goblins on giant bats, a dwarven moonshine still, stolen heirlooms, and a tribute to Gygax’s original. What more could a 1st lvl character ask for?

For the record, I'm one of the luckiest bastards alive. :)


And in other news ...
I hope you all had a safe holiday. Nothing like trying to drive home on a belly full of tofurky.

Heh. Anyhow, I'm in the midst a self-imposed crash deadline. A week and a half to finish a module, start to finish. The good news is I've fallen in love with the idea and theme, making it easier to write than sleep at 1 in the morning. The bad news is I've fallen in love with the idea and need to pull it off a big finish in the next 3k.

Could be a pinch. :)

And in other, OTHER news ...
Spoke with Jeff last night. I should start paying him for therapy. I’ve realized that the WoD is a win/win situation. I have more than enough work to last me from now through August, but I’d hate to turn down the chance to sell a novel.

I did a little calendar magic and blocked out the time to write a book …. BUT, if I get the big bounce, I’ll have more time to work on the upcoming projects and skateboard.

Win/Win.

We’ll see tomorrow. Could be the first time I’m happy to get a rejection. Sleep tight. >:)

15 comments:

Jeff LaSala said...

How cool is the cover art for Revenge of the Rat King!??

I actually get to work with this guy, folks! Good stuff!

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Got my fingers crossed for you still, Grimmy (actually, I think they've atrophied in this position...makes it a bit of a pain trying to type, though)...here's hoping tomorrow brings great things! :)

And the modules look ubercool (does anyone even say that anymore?)...makes me wish I still gamed.

Harley said...

"(actually, I think they've atrophied in this position...makes it a bit of a pain trying to type, though)."

*laugh* Finger massage, ASAP! You have a deadline to meet, girl!

And when you come to do that signing at GenCon, I'll run an invite only game for you, just to get Marce back in the mix. :)

//H

Kameron said...

Love the tribute to the 1st Ed DMG cover on Rat King.

*goes off to budget more money for H. Stroh modules*

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Well, I see it's the 28th, and no announcement...judging from the last few rounds, I'd say they'll actually tell us Grimmy's in the top five on Dec 1. 2006. ;)

Anonymous said...

Holy **** H-man, you won!

Congrats, congrats, congrats.

Christine

Anonymous said...

here it is, btw.

Kameron said...

So, Harley, I gotta ask, do you ever question whether some of these module ideas would have made a good short story? I think that's one reason why I've held off on jumping into the d20 game design market--every idea I have I would rather explore as a story.

Kameron said...

Half-woot! (Just as I promised. ;) )

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Woohoo!!!! I can finally uncross my fingers! ;)

Great job, Grimmy! Not that I ever had any doubt, mind you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Is this THE Christine?

~Tank smells vanilla

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh. I don't think I want to be THE Christine, that sounds rather... ominous.
But yes, I am the one that smells of vanilla. Who're you?

Anonymous said...

I'm just someone who dated someone while you dated Harley.

It occurs to me that you're the inspiration for his gothic fiction. Long walks in the graveyard after dark? Maybe he should dedicate the book to you ....

~Tankgrrl

Anonymous said...

Hrm. Now I have to try to dig in my brain for who you are, since H's friends were mostly single when we dated...

And I think any inspiration I may have provided probably faded 8 or so years ago. =)

Kameron said...

So, why isn't Revenge of the Rat King #1.5, like Iron Crypt?