4.11.2005

Into the Wilds
My current assignment is a 30,000 word module. That's 6k above the usual count, and trust me, I need every word I can get. I'm only 1/3rd of the way done so far, but I'll post more about the project as it begins to firm up.

Fogey Quiz: Saurus and Ashlock, name the module with the worg-riding goblin leaping out of the cover...

100 Word Flash Fiction
I did my part and contributed to an 11 author story that will be submitted to Wizards for web-publication. It's damn tricky to get much done in 100 words, but I gave it my best shot --- and set Ed Gentry up for a heck of a recovery. Ask him about it. ;)

Anyhow, we'll let you know if WoTC bites.

Gone but ...
It will be 3 to 6 months before John Handy has a proper grave marker, so H and I built a cross for his grave. It is a very simple affair, painted white with routered edges. The extended family met to place it before his grave this afternoon.

Tomorrow night we catch a red eye home to Colorado. It will be good to be home for a number of reasons, not least of which is the measly $100 in my bank account and the alleged royalty checks waiting in my mailbox.

Thanks again for all the support, guys and gals. H and I appreciate it.

18 comments:

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Hugs to you and Mrs. H...let us know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

"Fogey Quiz: Saurus and Ashlock, name the module with the worg-riding goblin leaping out of the cover..."

I've got this one covered, it's module N2, "The Forest Oracle."

(hope you guys are doing okay)

Anonymous said...

^^ that was me

saurus said...

the forest oracle? i have no recollection of that one.

i stand corrected - http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=showbook&bookid=2437

i was thinking castle greyhawk, but that's just a bunch of goons charging out of the castle - no wargs involved.

http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=showbook&bookid=643

saurus said...

so when i buy a module that says 'by Harley Stroh' on it, how much do you actually get? i'm guessing it's pennies on the dollar, and goodman games has it priced to sell at 11.99, so let's say 12 bucks. if you get five cents for every dollar, that'd be what, 60 cents? is that too much? i don't know :(

now if i blow 100 clams on modules, well, let's say 120 clams. i got 15% coupon at legends for buying 140 dollars in punisher graphic novels, so that should cover 8% california tax and then some. 120 bucks would by me ten modules, which would give you what, six bucks?

either my math sucks, or you need a new career dear brother :)

Jeff LaSala said...

I was wrong, but this is what I thought of (though they're probably wolverines or something, not worgs):

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/cc/pc1.jpg

Harley said...

Fogey Award goes to MNTS! I'll send you a prize, MNTS ... hmm... Just stop opening presents in front of the relatives, eh? ;)

Goodman Games pays a flat rate, which is actually going up as time passes.

Cheers to Mike for the module hook! Tell us more!

saurus said...

flat rate huh? so even if i buy 800000000 modules you still don't get more?

Harley said...

Nope. But chances are good I'll get to write another one...:)

Harley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Harley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Harley said...

Mike,

I meant: tell us about your module, the one you pitched to Goodman...

saurus said...

damnit mike, speak! speak! :)

Anonymous said...

... hmm... Just stop opening presents in front of the relatives, eh?

Yargh. I've learned my lesson. No one believed me that those were just props from a Cthulhu game :/

Anonymous said...

H, I hope you guys are getting through okay.

justin

Anonymous said...

Here's to wishing you the best H!

FFP is coming along nicely and I really hope it sits well with Goodman. I don't see why I wouldn't.

Then agian, I am tooting my own preverbial horn.

-Silver

Kameron said...

Love The Forest Oracle. Incorporated portions of it into my home campaign.

Harley said...

Kameron said...
Love The Forest Oracle. Incorporated portions of it into my home campaign.

*nods* I was one of the greats. Saurus and I were so young when we played it, that I thought "Curse of the Downs" meant something like "Curse of Unhappy Days," not realizing what Downs really meant. :):):)