8.12.2005

GEN CON INDY
Goodman Games


I'll be doing a signing at the Goodman Games booth on Saturday, from 4:00 p.m. to whenever. If you're there, drop on in --- I'd love to put faces to all the names. :)

Unprofessional Aside
Prior to my signing will be Dave Arneson.

Maybe you’ve heard of him.

Let’s examine this, because it is just plain silly:
1. Harley gets to go to Gen Con?!
2. Harley gets to do a signing?!
3. Harley gets to sit in the same seat as Dave Arneson?!

Just plain silly.

Good thing I’m going on several hours after Dave --- it could get a little painful to watch the stream of his dedicated fans trickle down to just my friends hanging out around the booth. Have no fear, I fully understand my place in the food chain.

So ... bring some coffee and come to hang out! I promise there won’t be a line. :)

12 comments:

Lara said...

Waaay cool, Harley. :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't ever wash those pants! :P

~Tank

Kameron said...

Man, now I really wish I had the money to attend. :p Congrats! Be sure to take pictures and/or video, and post them to your blog.

Anonymous said...

Cool buddy. Yeah, we want something visual on the site.

Justin

Harley said...

I've always been a fan of the old EC "you'll never find a picture of me because the stories aren't about me" adage, but I know that Ashlock doesn't go anywhere without his camera. :)

Which is to say: you will have pics of my ugly mug and the Goodman Games dinosaur 10 days from now. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Lara and I are definitely packing the camera away for this one.

I might even borrow my friend's camcorder with USB adapter!

-Ed

Jeff LaSala said...

Hell yeah, Harley. If anyone here wants photos of Mr. Grimbones, seek me out after GenCon. For a price, I'll Photoshop in whatever background you want.

"Hey, what is Harley doing sitting at a table in front of the Sphinx?"

Kameron said...

"Hopefully you'll get over the feeling that you're defacing the books you're being handed by the end of the day. I think that's when you know you're a pro."

Heh, I totally remember that feeling the first few times people asked me to sign Maiden. I couldn't decide where to sign so as to "cause the least damage."

Lara said...

Lookee there... you said "4 p.m. to whenever," which could very easily be construed as "4 to 6 p.m." since that's when the floor closed. And I cut out on the workshop I was most interested in attending in order to catch you signing only to get to the floor and find you wandering about, so definitely not sitting in the chair last warmed by Dave Arneson's tuckus... What a weekend!

Anonymous said...

Lara,

My apologies! I posted with the best info I had, which was never 4 to 6. :)

But, had you come, you would have seen Harley and Dave Arneson sitting together, chatting with another WoTC writer. Good times. :)

//H

Anonymous said...

GenCon post coming soon. A lot to digest though --- wild stuff.

Anonymous said...

Don't leave us in suspense too long! How'd it go, big guy?

Cheers,

esdb