8.30.2005

White Wolf Fiction Contest


White Wolf Update
The second round winners of the White Wolf Novel Contest will be announced on October 31. Fitting and fun. As an added bonus, Halloween has always been a favorite holiday, especially since Jeff and Marissa's wedding. :)

The contest schedule has been backed up a bit, and allows six months for the completion of the book. Since I'm drowning in work and fighting to find time for my own writing, this is great news. If --- on a long shot --- I made the second cut, it would be a bummer to have to pass. As it stands things are pretty tight until March, but I'm sure that, given the chance, I could squeeze a book in there.

I mean, you would, wouldn't you?

To be clear, I'm a long shot. But that is what this industry is about. We're all long shots. The plan is to keep shooting until something eventually dies...

More on this later. I hope you are all doing well, writing well, and taking the time to fall down on concrete (or an appropriately inappropriate activity). Till then!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so making that cut. Your sample is amazing.

-Ed

Lara said...

Yeah. What he said.

Heck, I don't even like that style of writing and I was impressed with what you did!

Harley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Harley said...

Heh. Thanks for the voice of support. :)

If I did make the third round, it would justify all those years spent listening to alt-goth on repeat. :)

Jeff LaSala said...

I concur! I was blown away by that sample, Harley. Said so then, saying so now. Whether they pick you or not, I don't know, but they SHOULD. White Wolf could really use a shot of a style like yours.

ec said...

"Keep shooting until eventually something dies..."

Hmmm. Interesting way to describe the work we do. Paradoxical, yet strangely apt. :)

Anonymous said...

"Keep shooting until eventually something dies..."

That's a good way to put it. As long as you're doing the sniper thing, taking well-thoughtout, careful shots, rather than the whole "launch all the artillery at random and maybe something will hit" approach. And from the sounds of things, you've got it down pat. ;)

(And what does that saying mean? I mean, really?)

"You're so making that cut. Your sample is amazing."

Hey, I haven't even read it, and I've got faith. ;) Stick with it, H! We're pulling for you.

Anonymous said...

(And I mean, what does "down pat" mean -- like, patting someone down? Like the way Pat would do it? Hmm)

db

Anonymous said...

"Stick with it, H! We're pulling for you."

Thanks for the words of faith, ES, but don't fear. I'm not going anywhere. :)

//H

Anonymous said...

Go H-man.

J