3.02.2005

A Big, Deathy Welcome To ...
Zombie Flyboy --- Purveyor of all things Zombified!

Plus, he's the president of the Ash fan club, which is always worth points in my book. That and he likes to play with photoshop.

Eberroops
So I realized that my mail forwarding expired a little while ago, so if I was sent the rejection, I'd never know it. I may have to give the old roommates a call and see if something came from Hasbro.

That is, unless they share an address database with the FR folks across the hall. I don't know that an open call would justify the data entry, and harassing editors for rejections isn't the sort of thing you want become known for. ("Hey, Peter? It's that guy, again, on line one. He's whining about having never received some rejection letter.")

Nope. Time spent begging for a sheet of paper could be time spent writing. This is definitely one to let slide. :)

Bless WoTC Accounting
There is something very reassuring about receiving royalty statements ("$0.00") even though the anthology won't be out for another couple months.

9 comments:

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

I don't know, Grimmy...I'm sort of in the same boat, though my forwarding hasn't expired yet. If I don't get something within the next week, I may drop Mark a note with my new address, just in case.

Lara said...

OK, um, what if you DIDN'T get a standard form rejection letter... Don't you need/want to know about that, Grims?

Jeff LaSala said...

Certainly *I'd* go nuts not knowing. Now that I know they've hit Indiana, I'm anxious about it myself. The last time this happened getting a letter on the East Coast took a few extra days. Mentally, I'm all prepared to get the standard rejection. Even so, I'd like to lay it to rest.

Anonymous said...

I don't think most editors mind queries. I've queried several times regarding various short stories I've worked on and no editor has ever come back to me to say I was wasting his/her time. Things happen. Mail gets lost.

They might say they have no way of tracking rejections, but if you're one of the 24 Mark mentioned he wanted to submit to a future anthology, I'm sure he has your name down somewhere.

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

I agree with Laurie; besides, they'll recognize Harley's name, I'd guess.

Zombie_Flyboy said...

Thanks for the welcome man.

Rock on.

Lara said...

And then check with WotC. Another friend got the generic letter, so I think it's down to you, Marcy, Jeff, and my friend Charles... I have hope that one of you must have captured the - hmm, shall we say, Weltanschauung - that they think they're looking for.

Kameron said...

*imagines Phil and Mark fighting over who gets Harley* ;)

I, too, have enjoyed getting those quarterly royalty statements. Can't wait until they start showing positive numbers, though. :D

Anonymous said...

Go Accounting!



Seismo