3.12.2005

I'm Not Unemployed, I'm Freelancing
Today Goodman Games sent the map "galleys" of the d20 module, Legacy of the Savage Kings. It is really, really, geek-boy neat to see my blue-lined graph paper drawings converted into professional maps. The preview of the module should be up on the preview page some time this weekend. I'm excited to see what the cover looks like.

What a dork.

Along the same lines, it looks like Iron Crypt of the Heretics will be GGames' Gencon special. If, like me, you've been dreaming about going to Gencon since you were 12, having a module slated specifically for the event is pretty cool. If I can quit freelancing and get a job before August, I might be able to make the con, which means I'll slip you a $20 bill to go up to the Goodman Game's booth and demand a copy of the module. :)

On a serious note, I've also had the privilege of helping out with the module being written for GGames' Gencon tournament. Essentially I get to sit back, look over what has been written, and suggest ideas for development. It's a lot like like being paid to daydream. If any of you are gamers and plan to be at the con, I heartily encourage you to sign up for the tournament. It is going to be a blast, I promise you. Even if tournaments aren't your thing, it will be a chance to game with some great GMs.

4 comments:

Jeff LaSala said...

Dude, in the very least, I'm going to be buying a copy at Gen Con myself *without* your $20! Unless I can get it sooner...

Harley said...

Sure, but my guess is IC is going to be sold for $10 or less, which means with that remaining, sweaty ten dollar bills, you could buy 2 Gencon dragon meat tacos, or whatever it is they sell for food. :)

Harley said...

Edit ... actually I think the module will be as little as $7-$5! It was intended to be a 1/2 sized quickie.

(H looks at Lara, the Playtester/Meat Target. Lara looks at H.)

So I got a little carried away. One half of meeting word counts is making sure you get there. The other half is making sure you don't go over.

That's been a tough lesson to act on.

Lara said...

*hee, hee* You'll be getting your money's worth, folks!