5.30.2006

Now available in stores and back alleys near you!

Goodman Games Goodman Games



Two modules hit the street this week, both written what seems like ages ago. Copies should be coming in the mail today or tomorrow, and I can't wait to see how the maps and art came out. Wilds has a bit of topographical variance, with elevation gain and loss, so the maps are more complex than usual. That, and I'm looking forward to seeing Jeremy Simmon's rendering of Wildsgate, my tribute to the Keep of yore.

BTW, for all the Fort Collins kids: I wrote Marshak into the Wilds. Need to make sure he gets a copy.


Love Your Rewrites...
I do. It shouldn't take a writer 90k words to figure out what his book is really about, but sometimes that's how it shakes down.

Just so you know that I know, this has got to be one of the top 10 warning signs that you might be a n00b. Of the 10 warning signs, I have 9.

Coming in future posts here at Choose Death: Top 5 Things NOT to Schedule When Writing Your First Novel. But until then, why not try to figure out what is going on here.

8 comments:

Jeff LaSala said...

I saw both books in the Compleat Strategist, NYC's biggest gaming store, about an hour ago. There's a rotating display dedicated solely to Goodman Games and Harley Stroh's modules are front and center. The maps look nice.

Harley said...

D'oh! Green with envy.

No sightings of the fabled DCC #29, I assume?

//H

Jeff LaSala said...

Heck no. We turned that stuff in more than a year ago. Why should we expect it to actually come out in the near future? :P

I'd go back to the gaming store and take a picture of that display for you, Harley, if doing that wouldn't get me interrogated by the store owners.

Mike said...

Ah, quit yer whining.

I'm still waiting for the adventure I finished before my contribution to "The Adventure Begins" to come out. Based on what I know of the production schedule, I'll be surprised if it comes out before the fall.

But I digress. :)

Harley - looking forward to picking up both of these. I have copies reserved at my local gaming store, so they'll be in my grubby little mitts this weekend.

Jeff LaSala said...

Oh yeah, plenty of copies of *your* DCC in plain sight, too, on the Goodman display. :)

saurus said...

Earrrgh. That brought back memories. And not all good ones. Nice hair on the fireman pic though - you have the Waylon Jennings 'Lonesome, honry, and mean' look down to a T. :)

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Enough of that silly game stuff. Is the book done? Huh? Huh? Well, is it? ;)

AnthonyRoberson said...

Hi Harley,

I am working on a review of Into the Wilds for RPG.net and I had a couple of questions about the adventure. Could I get your email address? You can send it to anthony_roberson@hotmail.com. Thanks!