5.08.2008

One for the Mouser

Noted by my friend and yours, Ashlock, the cover to one of the first 4E DCCs showed up on ENworld, via the folks at the Ogre Cave podcast. 

One of 3 covers posted on the Ogre Cave site, this particular adventure is a favorite of mine. Set in the city of Punjar, I wrote it in an effort to capture the quintessential rogue adventure. While not exclusive by any means, the adventure will be a special hoot for characters looking to run around on rooftops, slink through alleys, and plump dark sewers. 

Silverlock, eat your hear out.    

//H

7 comments:

pgcath said...

Poorly met in Punjar?

Harley said...

Yup. :)

(Plus, I pulled out the old Night City book for this one. Essentially, I'm just a failed cyberpunk author, looking for an outlet.)

//H

Anonymous said...

I noticed your name on three different covers this week. I suppose that's what you meant when you said you'd been busy, eh?

Harley said...

Yes, ma'am. And we're only now into the annual Gen Con push. Just planning on keeping my head down, avoiding turbo-lasers and pressing through. Indy is going to be a *hoot* this year.

//H

spackle said...

As someone who has in reality played very little actual D&D (especially by anything even remotely considered modern rules), I have to say the more I hear the more I've gotten concerned. Hearing Joseph give his take on the new rules and licensing makes me much more curious and puts me at ease a bit (obviously he's far from an unbiased commentator though).

When this 1983 Basic Rules campaign ends (which will be around July/August) I'm hoping I can dig up some other geeks that are more motivated than I am to learn the rules and run some sessions. (I might even start saving my money for a set of books..)

(((And when you're free to speak about it I'd be really interested to heard your take on the new rules offline..)))

Anonymous said...

I pray to God that you are kidding about combining cyberpunk with the works of Fritz Leiber. That's just sad.

Harley said...

Dear Anon,

Combining works ala mirrorshades and Mouser? Certainly not. But noir is noir is noir, and the 2 genres have more in common than one might expect.

//H