10.27.2005

Sensei Sez ...

"Dragons hoard everything they can get... Young Dragons even more so."

Laugh. Ain't that the truth.

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.

In my life, I'm trying to find that balance between clawing and screaming my way towards a novel, and a full-hearted gratitude towards you, my publishers, any readers, and the world in general. J.L. got it right when he wrote that one doesn't interfere with the other.

Perhaps equally important, I don’t want anyone to EVER suppose that Harley is better than unpublished writer X, because that simply isn’t true. If there is any discrepancy, it rests solely on the fact that I’ve been clawing at this door since I was twelve. Give me 15 years of your life, and I will make you a published author.

So where am I left? With control of one variable: time. If I miss these 3 chances, I can hang around another 15 years and try again.

But here’s a little secret just between you, me, and the internet. I want ‘em. Bad. Real bad. And if I get just one of these books, I’m buying you all drinks ….

… even if it’s just to kill off a few thousand of your brain cells to lessen the competition in the future. ;)

3 comments:

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Maybe that's my problem...only been at this for ten years. Damn; five more to go for that novel contract, heh. ;)

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

I should clarify...been submitting what I write for the past ten years or so (with a hiatus to raise a baby to toddlerdom). Been writing since at least third grade.

saurus said...

i love disease ridden cow carcasses! (carcasi?).

i suck. i can't even make out the captcpa down below so i can submit this.