2.18.2006

An aside:
“Stroh Harley, meet Harley Stroh”

Long story that needs to be told some day, but for now I'll keep it short. It began the afternoon a friend and I discovered the world of dial-up BBS. We stayed up all night, high on the flood of information, telecom communication cripples.

Anyhow, since then, the 'net has come a long way. But it warms my heart that even today, with profiles and the diligent work of Big Brother, we can still get mysterious correspondences out of the ether at 3:56 in the morning.

Such as:

At 3:56 AM, Anonymous said...
I stumbled upon this at the odd hour of now. And I only now realized that my name is the inverse of yours; hope this means something.

At 12:25 PM, Grimbones said...
Anon.,

Funny, that. Is this SH? Because yeah, I'm HS. I noticed that too. But yours is changing soon, neh?


So it goes. Love this life. Absolutely love it.

And, by the way, if you haven't paid attention to Josh Wentz's work yet, you should. More on that later. I’m off to the skatepark.

4 comments:

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Hmph. Has time to skate, but not to respond to email, huh? ;P

saurus said...

hate the game, not the player marcy.

who knew that not only did 'HAIL SATAN' didn't only summon the dark spirits but also put your 2400 into auto-answer mode?

Anonymous said...

That Saurus, always coming to my defense. :):):)

Didn't check my email that morning but correspondence coming up soon!

As for modems and all "SATAN" derivations, wasn't it the "ATA" that triggered the modems? That's another funny story that needs to be told...

Miss you, Saurus!

Jw said...

Who me? Pay attention to my work? I'm interested to hear this!