4.19.2006

As Seen on T.V.
First, a big, 10 skull shout out to my pirate crew for rallying around the sinking ship. Thank you guys. If anyone makes it to GenCon, buy us coffee and we'll tell you the story.

But back to T.V.

There was a locked cabinet at school, that held - wait for it - May Faire ribbons.

We needed the ribbons out super-pronto, and the maint. man hadn't shown up. In terms of responsbility, I'm at the bottom of an inverted pyramid - if something goes wrong and the regular channels fail, it's my job. What to do?

I tried every key on the chain, but #13 was missing. Then we resorted to trying to pick the lock. No good. Then we got creative and tried going behind or through the walls of the cabinet. Still no good.

Finally, everyone left and got out of my hair. I warmed up the power drill, dropped in a metal bit, and went after the lock.

I seem to recall having seen this on television at one point, or in a 007 movie.

Anyhow, first I chewed out the tumblers, then I hit the mojo at the back. But after 5 minutes of constant drilling (and no cutting oil even!), the back of the lock popped off and the door swung open.

Rock and roll.

11 comments:

Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell said...

Power drills are great for picking locks...except, of course, for the noise they make. ;)

Anonymous said...

Now, your powers will only be used for good, right? RIGHT?!?! =)

Harley said...

Snake, you have _no_ idea. ;)

Jw said...

The secret is a nice fat drill bit, and knowing your lock. Last summer, I had to drill out about 50 five-high file drawers, three different models. Burnt out about seven bits, but got very good at it.

Anonymous said...

No idea indeed!

I haven't laughed that hard in days!

Harley said...

I love the secret life of Josh Wentz. :)

Mike said...

Harley, I'm impressed ... didn't know that you were part of the Impossible Mission Force. At what point did the tape recorder self-destruct?

You ever need a wheelman, just let me know ... ;)

Harley said...

That's why we recruited you, Mike. Your skill with cars and knives.

The whole "d20" is just a ruse. You didn't really think we devote this much time to imaginary games about dragons, did you?!

Mike said...

I knew there was a reason why you needed to know if I could fire an Uzi while riding a Ducati 996 at 100+ mph ...

It all makes sense now!!

Harley said...

:) To clarify, they were ribbons for the May Faire pole. We needed them so the kids could practice the dance.

ec said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.