4.28.2006

"Ease back, 'cause she's back."
Elaine Cunningham's blog is back on the web! Go there, read often, and come away smarter, wiser and better looking.

Love it while it's here, because it might not be around for long. :)


My mom taught me to share.
It has been statistically proven beyond a doubt that any Choose Death* reader is three times more intelligent and better looking than the average internet user. But just in case anyone has the idea that Harley is bashing shared-world fiction, allow me to disabuse you of that notion.

I make the bulk of my freelance income from writing d20 modules that imitate the style of Golden Age Gygax.

That’s sort of like getting paid to sample the top 20 pop hits of 2006 to make disco songs. Still, the work is good and I enjoy it more than nearly any other sort of writing.

So. Shared-world novels? Yes, please, and with undiminished joy.




*For some reason, linking back to myself just makes me want to laugh out loud. Time for more coffee.

4 comments:

Jw said...

Speaking of "shared worlds", I'm brewing a project... more on the "shared", less on the "worlds", and all on the "get your work out in the open" tip.

Anonymous said...

Tell us more, JW. (Who, BTW, is responsible for raising intelligence/beauty quotient.)

~Tankgrrl

ec said...

Love it while it's here, because it might not be around for long.

::hangs head::

Yeah, I know--the shelf life of any given incarnation of my blog is approximately that of unrefridgerated seafood.

Jw said...

More will be told, as soon as I iron out a few choice details. Don't want to jump the gun, and all ;)