3.23.2004

For the Record...
Take a moment to scan some of the posts below. You'll find an error or more in every single one. (And they have all been edited!) I am a terrible proof reader, a slow writer, I have almost no understanding of grammar and I'm a sucker for pulpy, fantasy tropes. Taken together, these attributes make me what I am: a terrible writer. Passsionate perhaps, but not skilled. (And can I even use the word trope correctly?)

Let's try this again.

Yesterday, I was a terrible writer.

Today, I am terrible writer who has sold a story to WoTC for publication in an upcoming anthology.

A small triumph, a drop in the ocean of fiction being published, but it has made me the happiest man on the planet. And if I can do it, everyone can. And should. For as far as I can tell, it is a heck of a lot of fun.

And for the record, credit for every story I've ever published doesn't rest on my shoulders. It belongs to the friends and family that gracefully love me, year after trying year, and - depending on your belief system - whatever it is that makes that possible.

So thanks, guys and gals. Thank you.

No comments: